Sunday 16 October 2011

Work in Progess.

Well, that's how life is, isn't it? We're all just work in progress.

I'm one of those people who always has multiple projects, books, and who knows what else on the go. Some of them getting abandoned for years between starting and finishing (my large Winne the Pooh cross stitch stares knowingly at me from the corner).

I've had a bit of energy recently, but I haven't really been able to sit up at my art desk and paint, so I've made the sofa where I have to spend my days into a little craft centre. It's quite an old sofa which has been through the wars, so I'm free to attack it with craft ;) It's sort of "WIP Central".

The crochet baby blanket is sat on the top of the sofa, begging for the next row to be done, tho it has progressed since the previous post!

Sat on the blanket is my latest sock monkey, wondering when he'll get his 2nd ear attached, and when the pins will be replaced with real eyes! I feel so guilty making sock monkies... Sticking needles and pins into them; leaving them without ears, eyes and mouth... It's horrible! I will do a full post on my sock monkey family at some point (I think I've made 7 now), but here's a little taste of two of them!



Pinned into the sofa beyond him are 8 felt flowers waiting to be finished so my Folksy shop can be truly launched. My launch date for my shop was originally February 2011, so I'm not that late, am I? Anyway, they're the only thing left to make, so we might get there before February 2012 :) Here's a sneak peek of my previous 8 felt flower badges, waiting to go to craft fairs with Pretty Little Things...


And then there is a small pile of crocheted granny squares in pink and white, for a very special Christmas present I'm working on! I can't wait to fully share that :)

Anyway, that's just the projects on the sofa :) If I look to my left, I see crochet Sea Pennies for my Fabric Journal (mentioned in the last few posts!) And scoobies (the child in me rediscovered them the other day!) And crochet bunny toys. And drawings of a dragon... And a sketchbook I'm making out of an old book. And a teddy I'm making for AYME.

*sigh* And that's without entering my art room or looking at my art/craft to do list...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You have got a lot on the go and you are obviously multi-talented!
    I love your stripey sock monkeys and looking forward to meeting the rest of the gang!
    Your felt badges are great too - especially the ones with off centre buttons!
    So pleased to see that I'm not the only one with lots of loose ends and projects to finish...except lots of mine are still in my head!
    Keep working towards your Folksy goal, you'll get there soon!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement! I've managed to finish the latest sock monkey now, so I will post about them soon! However, I've also managed to start 2 new projects since then! I don't know how I manage it ;)
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...