Sunday 13 November 2011

Sock Monkeys!

This has been a much promised post over the last few months, hasn't it?! I just knew I had one more to make, and wanted to share the whole little family at once :)

I know sock monkeys became a bit of a craze the other year, and whilst I didn't participate at the time, over the last year I've gone a bit mad... Credit to CraftBits for the tutorial, although it is adapted :) (Click on images to see larger versions.)

This is the very first sock monkey I ever made, nearly a year ago now!

And this was the second!

Then followed a series of mini sock monkeys, in an array of colours!




Crazily, each and every one of these sock monkeys has gone to a loving home, and I don't have one myself... I know exactly what he will look like when the time comes though. If you look carefully in this photo from my wedding day, you can see my rainbow socks... These were over the knee socks, and as soon as I find a new pair, a large rainbow sock monkey will most definitely find a home in my house :)

4 comments:

  1. I love the mini matching monkeys! :) Over the knee socks are amazing for making these, they have super long legs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And yay, it's good to hear they work well hehe, can't wait to find the socks to make one :) Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look great, but I especially like the grey spotted one.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...