Wednesday 22 February 2012

Tried and Tested Tip Number 3 [Stash Organisation]


It's ok, you can be honest. I know your ribbon stash looks like this:


What? It doesn't? Oh... I suppose I do live in slight chaos...

People think I'm crazy for saving the amount of things I do. Take this for example...


Me and my husband devoured the contents of this between us back when we got engaged in 2009, and I held on to it. And with good reason! Boxes like this are brilliant for organising stashes/collections. Be it paintbrushes, paints, pens and pencils, sewing stuff, or tangled collections of ribbons.


Just sit down and slowly wind each and every ribbon up...


And you have one organised stash :) Which I may have now banned myself from using. I don't want it to end up in a mess again ;)

How do you keep yourself organised? I'd love to hear!


Have you got a Tip (or even a simple tutorial) you'd like me to feature? Drop me an email (link in my profile), and if I try it, test it, and decide to feature it, you will receive a 20% discount off your next order (excl. P&P) from my shop! Go on, what have you got to lose?

3 comments:

  1. Cool box Helen! I have a bounty of empty cardboard boxes - and my family keep it well stocked - not as useful as your multi-leveled storage facility though! Currently I'm using biscuit tins or boxes for ongoing projects (I use the upturned lid on my lap to keep the bits together when I am working) I think I got the idea from Bugs and Fishes blog - she's a big tin fan! Also the (unrecyclable) tubs from washing gel capsules are useful for storage and everytime you lift the lid you get a whiff of scent!
    I keep lots of receptacles... just in case - then need somewhere to store them!!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's such a good idea with the biscuit tin lids - most of mine tend to go to storing baking haha.
      I just went through and flattened all the carboard boxes I'd kept "just in case", they were taking up too much room! One day they'll be useful though...
      Helen x

      Delete

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...