Tuesday 13 March 2012

Sewing, Sewing, Sewing!


(And a bit of ramble about sewing machines!)


Things are insanely hectic round here at the moment, but I've been blessed to find a small amount of time each day to create for myself and for those around me.

If you've been following me for a while, you may be aware that I had a second hand sewing machine which only worked when it felt like it, and that wasn't very often... Well, the other week was the final straw. I lifted the foot up all the way, and it pushed a piece of metal out of place, which in turn pushed the tension dial off and sent it flying at me. The tension dial has been the source of all my problems, and we eventually decided enough was enough.

But you want to know what's amazing? I was given another second hand one. And this one works. Amazingly well. It even has an automatic needle threader - I didn't even know they existed, but I think my life is now complete. I've been working the little machine hard, and when my life has calmed down I think it deserves a good clean and a good oiling! (If you have items you no longer need, consider joining Freegle to share them with people who do... It's a brilliant site to give and receive.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...