Thursday 22 March 2012

A Third Birthday [Classic Mini Canvas]

My youngest nephew turned 3 last week, and when I asked his Mum what his current fascinations were, the answers included the colour blue, and "classic Minis"... I spent a lot of time thinking, and realised I'd never actually given him a painting. I don't have a lot of time or energy atm, so I wanted something that I could make without hours of fiddling, and that would be suitable to grow up with him a bit.


After spending a while finding images and gathering inspiration, I looked at this image and adapted it into a stencil... A few coats of dark blue acrylic paint, and a quick bit of white spray painting later, and it was done!


I also used an (older!) needle on my sewing machine to try a new accenting technique with his Birthday card...


Think I'll be doing this a bit more in future! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...