Saturday 15 September 2012

The Younger Years IV


I still remember making this image, in year 4 at school. I don't remember why we were printmaking, but I remember using string to create the image at some point, and presumably doing relief work too. I suppose I share it now because I have a sheet of linoleum sat on my desk just waiting for me to make a linocut. I know the exact image I'm going to use, it's just making that first mark which is always so difficult! But, does it really matter if it doesn't work out like I intend?

As a friend reminded me yesterday, "In art there are no mistakes, only possibilities".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...