Thursday 13 December 2012

Origami Star Garland


I recently came across this tutorial for an origami star by Five Go Blogging. So, I cut some pages out of a book which would a relative was about to bin, and got folding!


I found the instructions a bit confusing at first, when it comes to flattening the points. After a bit of practise I made it work though - I found it easier to rotate the star and press a couple of points down at a time, meaning the star is flattened but the folds stay in place!


I decided to make stars in three different sizes, and gave the largest ones a layer of pearl paint, before threading them all on sparkly gold thread. I loved how quick this was to put together, but also how effective it looks strung up in our house :) (And it distracts from the lovely rented accommodation wallpaper!)
Why not have a look at the other crafts in my Christmas category...

2 comments:

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...