Monday 16 November 2015

Origami Fairy Lights


Whilst reading Handmade Christmas, I noticed a tutorial they featured for origami fairy lights, and I realised that was what my fairy lights were missing. Mini origami light shades. Obviously.

I followed the tutorial in the magazine, but this tutorial is almost identical.


I love the burst of colour the paper shades add during the day, and I also enjoy the tones created by the paper when they are lit up at night. Depending on the colours of paper used, it can make some lights much darker, so be aware of that. I also decided to just do it on my battery powered fairy lights, as it meant I only needed to make 24 lanterns, not 100+!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...